If you haven’t visited the UK yet then 2013 should be the year you finally do so.
Here are five reasons why:
- The UEFA Champions League final will be at Wembley in London again next year and is a great opportunity to football fans to take in one of the biggest sporting events. The atmosphere generated during the Olympics and the feel-good factor in the city looks set to continue into 2013 – and you could immerse yourself in it.
- The UK has many areas of natural beauty, like Wales, which is home to some of the most beautiful countryside in Europe. Many who visit end up wanting to live there and end up going on a property hunt. To really get a taste of rural country living, stay in a Welsh cottages with www.wales-cottages.info. It can be the perfect base from which you can explore the coastline, discover what cities like Swansea and Cardiff have to offer and visit historical sites of interest like Caerphilly Castle.
- There are loads of music festivals happening across the UK during next summer that are well worth getting involved in, from huge outdoor venues, to more intimate festivals where you’ll get a more unique genre of music. The atmosphere at smaller festivals like Green Man and the bigger one such as Isle of Wight can be electric.
- Bigger cities such as Liverpool and Edinburgh host art shows which are a great opportunity to take in the city and discover new talent. You won’t be disappointed and will probably fall in love with the historic cities too.
- Of course, the UK is best known for its royalty. A trip to the UK couldn’t be complete without a trip to Buckingham Palace to see the Changing of the Guard, check out the free museums and see the other historic monuments there.
Can you think of any more reasons not to come?